Challenging Property Tax
Current time: 03-25-2017, 10:35 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: armando
Last Post: akseeker
Replies: 18
Views: 5317

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Challenging Property Tax
03-21-2017, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2017 01:31 PM by NonEntity.)
RE: Challenging Property Tax
Quote:This is a request for clarification from the person(s) making the claim(s) to please explain how this obligation came about. Please describe the factual evidence that establishes such obligation.

Roll Eyes

Maybe you should ask for the name and contact information of the person making the claim.

- NonE Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2017, 09:45 PM
The agent wrote back in response, going to ass-u-me it was 'that guy'…
Yesterday, 07:47 PM
Reply to Assessor: Wrote:Hello, Mr. [Assessor],

Thanks for the response and information about the borough's requirements. While your email stated the borough's obligations, it didn't really answer my query. I made no requests for adjustments for any 'properties'.

My letter requested clarification from the person inferring (via the Notice of Assessment's) an upcoming obligation (to remit funds to the borough) to explain exactly how this inferred obligation arose.

Again, I thank you for your previous response, and I look forward to your explanation.

Thanks,
[me]
Yesterday, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 10:53 PM by akseeker.)
Assessors reply to me Wrote:Greetings Mr. (me),

If you have questions regarding your property or the assessment of your property, I would be more than happy to address your concerns. However, if you have questions specifically regarding the legality of assessment or taxation, I would encourage you to contact an attorney.

Also, as a reminder, the deadline for filing a formal appeal is March 31st, only a few days away. So if you do have any concerns about your property’s 2017 Assessment, please be sure to submit a formal appeal before then.

Thanks,
(Appraiser)

response to Assessor Wrote:Hello, Mr. (Assessor),

My request for clarification is regarding my land and the 'assessment' on my land, and seeks only to understand reality, not legality. Most times there's a bit of a difference between those two.

By the subject assessment notices, you appear to be implying an obligation will be placed on me to pay the borough. Unless you made it up out of thin air, which I sincerely doubt, the 'assessment' process and the proposed imposition of an obligation upon me relies on some 'thing' to make you believe the course of action you pursue is proper.

And are you seriously saying I would need to hire a lawyer to discover the basis for your 'assessment' actions and proposed impositions on me? Surely the borough has access to learned counsel that could easily provide such, without me having to pay out of my own funds. I should think such info would be readily at hand. After all, you're the one proposing to place an obligation on me, I'm simply seeking clarification as to the basis for that action.

And thanks for the links in the earlier email, however, I'm not even sure I need avail myself of those at this time.

Sincerely,
(me)