Chicago? That sucks. Post here.
Current time: 07-25-2017, 09:43 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: uplift1
Last Post: Jontank
Replies: 18
Views: 3963

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chicago? That sucks. Post here.
06-16-2017, 04:09 PM
RE: Chicago? That sucks. Post here.
my misdemeanor case has been going on for more then a year. I had a public defender for about 6 months. Then I hired a lawyer. Paid the man in full the flat rate, it has been 7.5 months. He never filed a motion or did any deal negotiation. I was fed up with him not doing anything, so i decided to file a couple motions on my own. then he filed a motion asking for leave of the court to withdraw. Facepalm IL Rule 13 says he is supposed to give notice to me with certified mail. never happened. so I assume the judge will deny his motion to withdraw... ?? I'm trying to have him as standby counsel, if i'm allowed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2017, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2017 03:25 PM by Jontank.)
well, we had the hearing. the judge allowed my former lawyer to withdraw, overruling my objections. I asked that the judge recuse himself. He refused, told me that needs to be in writing. Is there an affidavit of bias that anybody has that I can take a look at? thanks for any help.
Brickwall
also, he struck all my motions I have previously filed. I asked the clerk if I can refile them today, since I don't have a lawyer now. i need to reprint them. seems silly to me.
06-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Did you ask or demand what grounds or evidence from the persecutor that the judge had for denying your motions? Don't know what was in your motions?

As a psychopathic creature, the corporation can neither recognize nor act upon moral reasons to refrain from harming others.
~joel bakan
06-21-2017, 06:28 PM
There is a court local rule that says the court shall strike any motion filed pro se if represented by attorney. Now that i represent myself, I can refile the motions. The judge did not review them in my presence. Also the prosecuter did not speak or file any paperwork.