Taxes or Suicide
Current time: 04-29-2017, 06:10 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: BastardChris
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 26
Views: 2059

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Taxes or Suicide
04-19-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Taxes or Suicide
(04-19-2017 07:57 AM)MILGRAM Wrote:  Please continue...

Capiche?

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2017, 11:36 AM
I wuz just playin' witchu. No catfish need be involved.

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
04-19-2017, 11:38 AM
(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  I'm not implying that jargon specific to a field is intentionally nefarious, just that it creates opportunities to add nefarious intentions. After a while, how are we to discern genuine from pseudo without either studying intensely or trusting someone who has?

TANSTAAFL.

To actually answer the question: You simply can not discern without study or trust. And you should study that which you trust.

(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  I was trying to make a parallel with religion on that level.

Martin Luther already challenged the secret code with his Ninety-five Theses.

(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  If religion and government fit hand-in-glove, and we are intelligent enough to be aware of the game, what are our options?

Who is this "we"?
Are you sure that particular "we" to which you refer is intelligent enough?
No awareness, no options.

Options?
Question authority!
(NonE, I pitched you the perfect segue.)

(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  Standing up to the oppressive regime is difficult because even those within the system who are well-intentioned suffer from cognitive dissonance if challenged.

Cognitive dissonance happens if one is indoctrinated to believe a lie and irrefutable counter evidence is provided.

(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  I've been trying to remove myself more and more from what I perceive as a dangerous social arrangement, but I have to live somewhere on this pre-owned planet.

Marcratic method. Piss 'em off by asking questions.

(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  What have been your collective methods for retaining and encouraging your sanity?

Connecting with like minded individuals on sites like Marcstevens.net helps.
Even NonE is okay on this issue most of the time.

(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  I endure periods of futility and despair, although I realize that by allowing that I let them control me yet again, this time in my soul rather than my back.
Wait them out? I doubt that to be successful since we're still stuck arguing/warring over 6000yo indoctrination.

I think Larken speaks to your point quite well.
https://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Magazine...d-i-go.htm

(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  I have to wonder if most people also SEEK the comfort of living within an authoritarian construct, I say the Deep State can't exist without the Sheep State.

The ones who find thinking for themselves to hard or scary do.

Looks like you've found yourself a tagline sigfile:
The Deep State Can't Exist Without The Sheep State.

Here's where you update it:
http://marcstevens.net/board/usercp.php?action=editsig

(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  If needing to be part of a herd is instinctual survival motivation, how will it be possible to remove the corruption that this invites... without wiping out all traces of theism and authoritarianism first?

Is it instinctual or is it indoctrination.

(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  Is it likely to be tried again in some novel iteration by a new group of clever exploiters?

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Said a Wealthy Landed Statist.

Not being sent to government indoctrination centers government run schools and buying your education from a private educator is also a price.

Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

04-19-2017, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 12:37 PM by NonEntity.)
Habby Wrote:Question authority!
(NonE, I pitched you the perfect segue.)

If someone is hallucinating I see no need to get in the way. Mentally deranged people are potentially dangerous to question. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, my life is even more terribler to waste.

(Did I properly dispose of your single person motorized people mover?) Eyebrow Raise

04-19-2017, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 01:05 PM by Habenae Est Dominatus.)
(04-19-2017 12:11 PM)NonEntity Wrote:  
Habby Wrote:Question authority!

Why?

Right.

04-19-2017, 01:18 PM
"We" refers to those of us who find ourselves on forums such as this one. I hope I qualify, I've been exploring the splinter in my mind ever since overcoming the fear of what I might learn. I've been troubled by inconsistencies and outright hypocrisy since about 8yo, hard to challenge what I've been indoctrinated with when originating in my home (no refuge from the lies). It's a much slower process absent understanding or encouragement by people who have already covered some ground and are good at asking the right questions. I hope that my gratitude for the existence of sites like this is not too subtle! I may need to be brought up to speed on a few things, I learn (and teach) best by analogy.
Thanks for the Larken Rose link, yes, that's been the bone of contention... resenting that I've been born too late to (believe that I) have a choice between living in concert with the natural world on my own terms or serving the Matrix. If I am to stand my ground and fight, I will need to have the wherewithal to prevail. Considering the sacrifices I've endured already to find a modicum of dignity and joy on the patch of planet I cultivate, I know I am willing to fight for it. I've seen too many people get caught up in trying to achieve similar objectives with weaker methods. I joined y'all because I try to approach things logically. As I make my way through this forum, and the rest of the site and links I hope to gain a bit by osmosis so I don't have to make too much of a fool of myself. This is my first venture, and opportunity, to share and learn what has been an entirely solitary experience for me so far.
04-19-2017, 03:30 PM
(04-19-2017 01:18 PM)ahjuma Wrote:  "We" refers to those of us who find ourselves on forums such as this one.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I think I misread your original comment:
(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  If religion and government fit hand-in-glove, and we are intelligent enough to be aware of the game, what are our options?

I read a second "IF" there right after the "and". My bad.

(04-19-2017 01:18 PM)ahjuma Wrote:  I hope I qualify,

Who's going to decide if you qualify? I'm not.

(04-19-2017 01:18 PM)ahjuma Wrote:  I've been exploring the splinter in my mind ever since overcoming the fear of what I might learn.

The worst thing of all... That your data set and subsequent beliefs need updating.

(04-19-2017 01:18 PM)ahjuma Wrote:  I've been troubled by inconsistencies and outright hypocrisy since about 8yo, hard to challenge what I've been indoctrinated with when originating in my home (no refuge from the lies).

Eye2 has posted some interesting posts regarding his familial indoctrination. Perhaps he'll chime in with some links.

(04-19-2017 01:18 PM)ahjuma Wrote:  It's a much slower process absent understanding or encouragement by people who have already covered some ground and are good at asking the right questions. I hope that my gratitude for the existence of sites like this is not too subtle! I may need to be brought up to speed on a few things, I learn (and teach) best by analogy.

Just ignore NonE when he gets in his "mood". Otherwise, he's a good resource on the topic and he's been on this forum... Forever.

(04-19-2017 01:18 PM)ahjuma Wrote:  Thanks for the Larken Rose link, yes, that's been the bone of contention... resenting that I've been born too late to (believe that I) have a choice between living in concert with the natural world on my own terms or serving the Matrix. If I am to stand my ground and fight, I will need to have the wherewithal to prevail. Considering the sacrifices I've endured already to find a modicum of dignity and joy on the patch of planet I cultivate, I know I am willing to fight for it. I've seen too many people get caught up in trying to achieve similar objectives with weaker methods. I joined y'all because I try to approach things logically. As I make my way through this forum, and the rest of the site and links I hope to gain a bit by osmosis so I don't have to make too much of a fool of myself. This is my first venture, and opportunity, to share and learn what has been an entirely solitary experience for me so far.

Larken is good.
http://larkenrose.com/

Knowing that you are not the only one shedding your government indoctrination will help.

And welcome aboard.

04-19-2017, 04:30 PM
FreedomsPhoenix.com

Great source of information and live radio show on LRN.FM most mornings. Ernie's been an activist since before I was born, and I'm a lot older than he is.

Check Ernie's site for info on Larken's latest project, about to unfold in the next few weeks.

04-27-2017, 07:41 PM
(04-19-2017 10:27 AM)ahjuma Wrote:  I'm not implying that jargon specific to a field is intentionally nefarious, just that it creates opportunities to add nefarious intentions. After a while, how are we to discern genuine from pseudo without either studying intensely or trusting someone who has? I was trying to make a parallel with religion on that level.
If religion and government fit hand-in-glove, and we are intelligent enough to be aware of the game, what are our options? Standing up to the oppressive regime is difficult because even those within the system who are well-intentioned suffer from cognitive dissonance if challenged.
I've been trying to remove myself more and more from what I perceive as a dangerous social arrangement, but I have to live somewhere on this pre-owned planet.

What have been your collective methods for retaining and encouraging your sanity? I endure periods of futility and despair, although I realize that by allowing that I let them control me yet again, this time in my soul rather than my back.
Wait them out? I doubt that to be successful since we're still stuck arguing/warring over 6000yo indoctrination.

I have to wonder if most people also SEEK the comfort of living within an authoritarian construct, I say the Deep State can't exist without the Sheep State.
If needing to be part of a herd is instinctual survival motivation, how will it be possible to remove the corruption that this invites... without wiping out all traces of theism and authoritarianism first? Is it likely to be tried again in some novel iteration by a new group of clever exploiters?

I think it is easier to comply vs. fight. Who doesn't want to live a conflict free life? I don't think the individual choices are based on anything more than the path of least resistance.

Purveyor of the 60 MPH post.
04-27-2017, 07:49 PM
Meditation.

(Seriously)

04-27-2017, 07:55 PM
(04-27-2017 07:49 PM)NonEntity Wrote:  Meditation.

(Seriously)

Explanation not mediation. I think you misunderstood the point in context.

I also think people just give up. Unfortunately it is easier to give up and comply than fight with heart.

Purveyor of the 60 MPH post.
04-27-2017, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 08:47 PM by NonEntity.)
(04-27-2017 07:55 PM)Freerangecanuck Wrote:  
(04-27-2017 07:49 PM)NonEntity Wrote:  Meditation.

(Seriously)

I think you misunderstood the point in context.

You're absolutely right*, Fruck, I was responding to something that was not the poster's material. My response was to this:
ahjuma Wrote:What have been your collective methods for retaining and encouraging your sanity? I endure periods of futility and despair, although I realize that by allowing that I let them control me yet again, this time in my soul rather than my back.

* reading small posts on a cell phone while distracted doesn't help me keep the players straight