Forum rendering glitch
Current time: 11-21-2017, 12:50 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Habenae Est Dominatus
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 8
Views: 2222

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum rendering glitch
12-12-2016, 08:06 AM
Question Forum rendering glitch
Anybody else notice that sometimes the demarcation line at the end of the post and before the sigfile is sometimes missing?

Not missing.

Missing.

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2016, 08:28 AM
RE: Forum rendering glitch
Is that anywhere near Galt's Glitch?

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
12-19-2016, 05:22 AM
(12-12-2016 08:06 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  Anybody else notice that sometimes the demarcation line at the end of the post and before the sigfile is sometimes missing?

Not missing.

Missing.

I've noticed lines missing on the main forum menu. Anybody else notice this?

Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

12-19-2016, 06:12 AM
(12-19-2016 05:22 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 08:06 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  Anybody else notice that sometimes the demarcation line at the end of the post and before the sigfile is sometimes missing?

Not missing.

Missing.

I've noticed lines missing on the main forum menu. Anybody else notice this?

I was 2 bored and snorted a few. I didn't think anyone would notice.

12-19-2016, 07:19 AM
Anybody noticed that the documented forum glitch regarding Attachments hasn't been addressed --over what, a coupla years now... and missing lines?? ... what's the odds of it on any admin To Do List?? (heck, when's the last time an admin passed through here, much less on admin business? <tumbleweed-here>)

(now, on the matter of appealing to others to verify one's not going crazy --or at least more crazy lol-- on the order of seeing things, well, quote Emily Litella here: Nevermind)

Poke
--2boredi [Image: anon.gif]

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
12-19-2016, 10:50 AM
(12-19-2016 07:19 AM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  Anybody noticed that the documented forum glitch regarding Attachments hasn't been addressed --over what, a coupla years now... and missing lines?? ... what's the odds of it on any admin To Do List?? (heck, when's the last time an admin passed through here, much less on admin business? <tumbleweed-here>)

(now, on the matter of appealing to others to verify one's not going crazy --or at least more crazy lol-- on the order of seeing things, well, quote Emily Litella here: Nevermind)

Poke
--2boredi [Image: anon.gif]

The missing lines is an oddball issue. I'm basing that opinion on my educated guess that MyBB is not a lot different than SMF and a few of the other forum scripts that are out there.

These scripts are basically open source programs so I suppose I could start studying the script language.

12-19-2016, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2016 11:10 AM by eye2i2hear.)
Assuming you mean this "main forum page" (?), and that by lines, you mean the lines between topic headings, i've not noticed any of such missing --however, a quick close scan of said lines just now, prompted by this post, led me to notice that of those divider lines, some appear heavier (like by 1 pixel) thicker, thus bolder than most of the others (purely cosmetic/aesthetic?).

Dunno if that assists ya any with what you'r finding of interest; but perhaps consider running using any mybb coding study results on this forum specifically, by Marc and/or Calvin to be sure before such an investment, you'd actually be allowed to work on it? A matter of jic/tbs...
[Image: forum%20smiley%20parrot.gif]
And for sure, i'd deff be grateful to have someone capable of doing so, to fix the dad-burn attachment feature! (not to mention, having at our disposal, someone who could at least investigate some other minor glitches that probably are browser-specific!) Poke

Or you could just go watch episodes of the (equally) edumucational Survivor... /snarcasm

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
12-19-2016, 12:16 PM
(12-19-2016 11:09 AM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  Assuming you mean this "main forum page" (?), and that by lines, you mean the lines between topic headings, i've not noticed any of such missing --however, a quick close scan of said lines just now, prompted by this post, led me to notice that of those divider lines, some appear heavier (like by 1 pixel) thicker, thus bolder than most of the others (purely cosmetic/aesthetic?).

Dunno if that assists ya any with what you'r finding of interest; but perhaps consider running using any mybb coding study results on this forum specifically, by Marc and/or Calvin to be sure before such an investment, you'd actually be allowed to work on it? A matter of jic/tbs...
[Image: forum%20smiley%20parrot.gif]
And for sure, i'd deff be grateful to have someone capable of doing so, to fix the dad-burn attachment feature! (not to mention, having at our disposal, someone who could at least investigate some other minor glitches that probably are browser-specific!) Poke

Or you could just go watch episodes of the (equally) edumucational Survivor... /snarcasm

The issue is actually do I want to invest the time.

MyBB can be had for free, so the only expense is brain sugar.

As far as working on "it". Number one concern, don't make data evaporate. Number two, don't knock the site off line.

As to the other ins and outs, I would simply request copies of certain files that I could upload on my own hosted space to test things out. If I were to be successful in figuring out what's what, I would have to write up what needs to be changed, why it needs to be changed, and only one item at a time. Then Marc or Calvin (I'm assuming Calvin's the geek who gets things done) could institute the changes and check that the site stays online, else revert the change back to the original code.

I have some other thoughts as well, but I'm keeping them secret for now... Until I figure out how to make some money selling my super secret decoder rings.

I found the missing line problem and it is me. (And possibly you.)
I did a screen cap then opened it in the m$ Paint program... And the lines were there. So I went back to the index page and did a [Ctrl] + [0] This resizes the page display to the original. (That's a zero, not an oh.)
[Ctrl] + [=] {= +} enlarges or zooms the page in.
[Ctrl] + [-] does the opposite.

Thanks for your assistance.

12-19-2016, 12:33 PM
(I'm assuming Calvin's the geek who gets things done)

Nope.
Marc handles all of the technical details.

Laughing to Death

I love you Marc,
you know I do! Adoration