"NSP – Feb 4, 2017 – Post-broadcast Role-play Session" [repost]
Current time: 03-25-2017, 10:34 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: eye2i2hear
Last Post: Justin
Replies: 10
Views: 584

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"NSP – Feb 4, 2017 – Post-broadcast Role-play Session" [repost]
02-05-2017, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2017 10:48 AM by eye2i2hear.)
Information "NSP – Feb 4, 2017 – Post-broadcast Role-play Session" [repost]
* from the main page here --note2, that Calvin has a lot of awesome linked detail info in his original *

over on the main page, Calvin Wrote:NSP – Feb 4, 2017 – Post-broadcast Role-play Session

Posted on February 4th, 2017 by Calvin

This is a recording from a role-playing session that took place after the January 28th Saturday broadcast. Robbie from OR needed to prepare for court by getting into the ring and spar with some Socratic questioning and litigation best-practices, so Marc, Joe from HI, Gary from MO, and Ginger from TX strike-up a role-playing session to help ready him for his upcoming trial. [UPDATE: listen to the Wednesday show and a post-trial discussion to hear how his T.S.A. adventure in legal-land concluded.]
  • Overcoming their outcome-based proceedings and anticipating the judge’s and prosecutor’s responses.
  • Knowing when to yield before things get too bad to avoid being jailed for contempt.
  • Pointing-out the double-standard the judge will allow the prosecutor to argue outside the facts and evidence, but will not allow you to.
  • Exposing the selective enforcement of the court rules, like when the judge allows the prosecutor’s incompetent witnesses to testify to something that they have no personal firsthand knowledge of, by attempting to do the same thing the judge is allowing the prosecutor to get away with.
  • The endless number of examples of double-standards that fly in the courtroom.
  • If evidence to establish jurisdiction is so obvious, why is it so hard for them to produce such easy, obvious evidence?
  • How to structure your opening and closing statements.
  • Pro-tip: any time it is demonstrated that the prosecution has insufficient evidence and cannot meat their burden-of-proof, that is always your cue to moove the court to dismiss. Wink
  • Knowing how to appeal to the jury and being aware of their biases.
  • Overcoming strongly held appeals to tradition.
  • Always coming back to “all we want is the prosecution to be held to their burden-of-proof.”
  • The snowballing influence of compounded success stories.
  • What to make of the surprise D.A. visit.
  • Live-streaming as a defensive precaution.
  • Anticipating and mitigating surprises from lawyers.
  • Setting-up, tracking, and documenting appealable errors.
  • “Relevance” has the low standard of “a tendency to prove.”
  • JT’s idea of questioning the juror’s citizenship in the voir dire qualifying process to expose their bias, thus preventing the possibility of an objectively fair trial.
  • “There’s nothing you can’t object to if it is a matter of fairness.”
  • The jury will likely be instructed to make their decisions strictly based on the evidence, and that they may not substitute their own personal opinion in place of the prosecutions production of the evidence.
  • KISS: Make your point in the fewest amount of words.
  • Benefiting from reading through trial transcripts to learn what to expect yourself.
  • When the judge so badly wants a conviction; they will predictably clear the courtroom when you begin exposing the prosecution’s lack of evidence to substantiate their case to the jury.
  • Effectively challenging the witness’s competency and credibility to testify.
  • Executing your litigation strategy for maximum impact using Socratic questioning.
  • Why we don’t wait until cross-examination to first challenge the witness’s competency and credibility.
  • Litigating in a fashion that connects with the jury.
  • Understanding the form, function, and boundaries of leading questions.
  • How to counter the dismissively vague “objection; relevance” to your inquiries.
  • You only have to disprove one element of the prosecution’s charges to obtain the requirement for a ‘not guilty’ verdict.
Listen to the podcast:
1hr 21min - 256kbps - 48kHz - stereo - [FULL PODCAST] [148.41 MB] Play in Popup | Download
1hr 21min - 048kbps - 048kHz - mono - [FULL PODCAST] [27.93 MB] Play in Popup | Download

*reminder: Calvin has a lot of awesome linked detail info in his original here

--[Image: wave.gif] BessE2i (inside yoke)
(this thread needs more cowbell-!) [old inside jolk]

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2017, 11:17 AM
RE: "NSP – Feb 4, 2017 – Post-broadcast Role-play Session" [repost]
So you reposted this here because you know how untrustworthy Calvin is and you figure he's gonna take the original down in the middle of the night? Skeptical

- NonE Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Being new to forum style chats and Skype not sure where or how to begin. Have listen to 5hr role play and least half of the 2hr one. Now listening to the one on this page. As to the role play via skype when is a good time to call to get some of that? I have court on the 14th of this month. Want to avoid a "love arrow" from themWink Tnx
02-06-2017, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 11:45 AM by eye2i2hear.)
1st things first:

Waving from Behind the Computer howdy & Welcome
(and all the best as far as your 14th date "Court" encounter!)

As far as the Skype and a good time to get in role play, i'd offer that to get to that you'd simply send a request to join the Skype channel and someone there can instruct you further; hope that helps.?
[Image: spacedog1x1.gif]
Additionally, from the main page:
Quote:contact Marc on Skype by searching for username: frankrizzo3, and we can also add you to the NSP skype group chat where you can engage in some courtroom role-play exercises
https://join.skype.com/SHixXQVx8YPc

(02-05-2017 11:17 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  So you reposted this here because

See the prior post by Justin? Sailin' Capn'

(and guess again, as to another connecting reason?) [Image: anon.gif]

And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
02-07-2017, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 08:14 AM by Justin.)
(02-06-2017 11:41 AM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  1st things first:

As far as the Skype and a good time to get in role play, i'd offer that to get to that you'd simply send a request to join the Skype channel and someone there can instruct you further; hope that helps.?
Quote:contact Marc on Skype by searching for username: frankrizzo3, and we can also add you to the NSP skype group chat where you can engage in some courtroom role-play exercises

Had reposted here as I'm new to forums. Not sure ins, outs, ups or downs. Used to just pretty much f/b and email styles. Thus the repost.

(02-07-2017 08:09 AM)Justin Wrote:  

Had reposted here as I'm new to forums. Not sure ins, outs, ups or downs. Used to just pretty much f/b and email styles. Thus the repost.
eye2eye- I did message Marc via frank both text a few days again and a v-m yesterday. Did I approach this correct? You mention groups. I type the url in my phone in a couple of hours at most. See if that helps to lead me better. Tnx
02-07-2017, 08:58 AM
syntax error. Stare

- NonE Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
02-07-2017, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 09:53 AM by Justin.)

eye2eye- I did message Marc via frank both text a few days again and a v-m yesterday. Did I approach this correct? You mention groups. I type the url in my phone in a couple of hours at most. See if that helps to lead me better. Tnx
Okay. Today not going to work for me. Will work on figuring out Skype and getting my chores done. I work nights. What is best time to plan on doing a role play? Tnx

(02-07-2017 09:51 AM)Justin Wrote:  

Okay. Today not going to work for me. Will work on figuring out Skype and getting my chores done. I work nights. What is best time to plan on doing a role play? Tnx
Thinking much faster then typing. That being said I plan on having myself available to do role play the next few days.
02-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Justin,

Have you heard back from Marc i.e. did someone get you signed up so you can log into the No State Project Skype group?
And if so, have you been able to login to the group?
(i'm metaphorically hamstrung here, as not being on Skype at all myself; just trying to assist a bit if possible in the absence of any others being here for that thus far)

Smile
Meanwhile, if i may offer a suggestion regarding forum replies? Merely as a courtesy consideration, unless there's some very specific dialog involved, rather than use the "Reply" [Image: postbit_quote.gif] option, you can go with the "New Reply" [Image: newreply.gif] or use the "Quick Reply" section at the very bottom --the reason being, the latter two options won't replicate posts that someone could easily enough scroll back to if needed to follow the convo.
[technically, the "Reply" button is a Post "Quote" button, thus copies the relevant post text for us].
Another option, if you're computer experienced enough to follow, in using the Reply option, is to simply highlight any redundant auto-quoted text and delete it --again, just a consideration idea, and i certainly can relate to just learning such stuff and potential confusion etc, so don't let any of it risk deterring you from posting, as using the forum on such count, ok?

If we might assist you any with getting familiar with any forum posting processes, don't hesitate to ask!

--eye2i

02-07-2017, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 11:31 AM by Justin.)
Tnx much for input on using the forum buttons. I was noticing it getting long and bothersome to follow. Highly appreciated.
I've read forum stuff here and there to get info on topics, but have never really used on. Total new on this. Computers I am somewhat learned if you would so will try to keep in mind the cutting options.
I've not heard back for Marc or anyone else. Unless I am missing something. I was just going to type the url address into phone as that is what I plan on using for the calls.
I am just getting done with most of my stuff before heading to bed. I'll mess around with Skype more after sending this.
Of course I am hoping the motion for dismissal give cop an out I do want to be prepared. I called prosecutors office to confirm they received papers, they did. Officer is off till this Friday so I am going to be calling him then to make sure he got the papers. I've got to drive 2.5 hours one way to get to court. SO certainly want resolution in my favor of course quickly. Or at least one trip.
Again Tnx.

Is there anyone in particular you'd suggest hitting the add button on?
02-07-2017, 01:06 PM
If you use the link on the website under upcoming events it takes you straight to the "No State Project" skype chat. Post there you need to role-play and someone will send an invite. If not, contact me on skype at frankrizzo3 and I can put you in. You'll still need to post there for help though, let the guys know. Gary is there a lot and has been very helpful.

If government services were valuable and the market wanted them, they wouldn't be provided on a compulsory basis.
02-08-2017, 09:14 AM
Will do tnx. Gary go by another name or anything with that?