4 kinds of explanations people give for their beliefs
Current time: 05-29-2017, 02:25 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: eye2i2hear
Last Post: Habenae Est Dominatus
Replies: 22
Views: 1876

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4 kinds of explanations people give for their beliefs
02-10-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: 4 kinds of explanations people give for their beliefs
ESL = English as a second language. Maybe a territorial term.

Purveyor of the 60 MPH post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2017, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2017 11:36 AM by eye2i2hear.)
[Image: snicker.gif] Unlike another, my query would be: you mean like "a word of art"? (to that person that only comprehends AEngloish from a literal perspective)

English, as indeed, a Second Language¹ is a neat potential here for me as a wording arrangement, per so much of any pop languages being a 2nd lingo in most/many/losta usage --as so many of it's terms have plural meanings/de`finings, aye?

The significance of it i.e. bullshit (as a signal) for me, is it's similarity to Orion's Belt (as a signal).? Not only can one Google it (i.e. Reference it), one can play that literal-only AEngloishter a video of a bull shitting, point at that mess, and ask something like, does some folks speech compare to that for you (and how so, etc)? To get the full effect tho, it needs the more common sensed, or multiplied senses of feel, sound and smell, so visiting a (literal) pasture is optimal (including saying something like "imagine putting your head under that bull's tail" --as comparing it to some bull's tale.? (sort of like having to take one outside to the night's sky in order to get at Orion's Belt + having a belt about one's waste waist (well, and a waistline that said belt results in that bowtie look lol)?)

And for potential point: point at "English as a Second Language" to Googless² NonEntity³ (a literal-only-ist heare?), say?

#metaphor
______________________________-
1. munchos grassiU.S. McGoogle Search --imagine that, having to use a reference source to easily/readily understand another --say like to get a spelling Correct, or punctuation Ruled --to many/lotsa people!? "lotsa", "kinda", really?! /snarcasm

2. wait, what's that smell...
3. wait, what's that warm oozing...[Image: bull.gif]

Sailin' Capn'

i Heart when my worlds collide...
(just now via facebook):

[Image: 16684031_1852383851674774_75040622245004...e=594C2B59]*

Speaking of pattern seekers!!

*try here and here if the image isn't displaying ^here? Brickwall

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2017, 08:26 PM
Sorry about the time since reply. One thing I want to get out of the way. There is a difference between the person that wrote the book 'On Bullshit vs. the Neo-Marxist school in Germany. The author was not clear with whom he was discribing.

I would suggest all metaphors are words of art. The schooling for English is commonly known as language arts. Probably for good reason based on fluidity and change. And inconsistency of grammatical rules.

Of course the key is understanding.

I have less problems with the words being used or spelled incorrectly than the meaning shining through via. context. Eg.. peaked vs. piqued in context. Unless the intent seems to be bullshit (not bull shit) to release the person responding from addressing the issue vs. a perceived slight of the rules of language.

This may be an attempt at humour or my be serious. Sometimes it is hard to comprehend over this medium, that lacks the visual cues that come with direct conversations.

Much of this post was bullshit. My response to your question was in the second paragraph.

02-12-2017, 09:17 PM
^^^

So do cows but they don't brag about it.

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.
02-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Interesting perspective.

02-13-2017, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2017 03:56 PM by eye2i2hear.)
Thinking Hard
This is one of 'those', for sure: speaking of cows, why is it bullshitting (male) and not cowshitting (female that's birthed) and/or not heifershitting (female that's not yet bred)? Having spent a close enough proximity to the bovine forms over my life time, i can tell you that, for it's metaphorical purpose, it's indistinguishable. So why not instead, cattleshit! ? Or bovineshitting? (We have horseshit! after all...) Why is it just the studs' rendering? ?

i pretty much totally agree with your assessment of metaphor --but with one eye [sic] glancing on there being a metaphor as words of art, as i'm not so sure all words aren't art.? More primitive, but art none the less. ♪ 2 f ? Pictures worth a thousand more pictures! ?
(the notice of there being the label language arts is doubly fascinating for me; thanks for mentioning/re-marking that)

See Jane run. Run, run, run.
See Dick fall. Fall, fall, fall.
See JanE slut. Slut, slut, slut.
Stare Eyebrow Raise

(as far as see Dick fall, fall, fall, fall, if we skip over to Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, we might hear: "Can you say erectile dysfunction? I thought you could!" --Mr. Roger's Neighborhood being more like Eddie Murphy's version, geriatrified!?) [better, Janieans?]

* best i can figure (did someone say connect the dots? pattern seeking?) is that indeed, it's the bulls (males --but not the castrated ones aka steers) that are the more likely to add to the 'mix' the most spontaneous aggression (testosterone again?) of 'em all, so maybe that's why.? well, and add to that, the metaphor value that it's mostly the males who do the "mounting" (akin more to raping in Our world), so there's also that grey matter picture...

* one possible non-cattler's consideration: cows can have (and aggressively use) horns too, just like the bulls (and vice-versa, not all bulls have horns) --thank you very much, yet again, Hollywoodsters (bullshitters?!); aka horns for bovine are not distinguishing like manes are for lions (current domestic forms)

* as far as horseshit being less 'optimal' (art wise) choice, bovine oozes eases out, metaphorically speaking; 'hands down' as We say; way more 'representative' imhe (no disrespect to Biff & his boys experience, circa Back To The Future, aye Marty?)

*speaking of (or from) the cattleman's perspective, in mye world, uncooperative individual bovine are most always (eventually) referred to as "That heifer!", even when clearly it's a cow --as often as not, one of her heifers being right there in the visual mix (per the literal distinction/labeling advantage); see also from another realm "Typical female!" and/or "That bitch!"? (typical origin as typical hormonal teenage girl? idunno; oh, and there're not any cowgirls in mye world --obviously?) [wait, did someone say "bitch"? how the heck did a female dog who's not bred get in hear... here!? i still catch myself wanting to snicker every time i hear a professional veterinarian (and dog show professionals) use that clinical term]

--NonJuvenile2i

#TheTyrannyOfWords

And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
02-15-2017, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2017 05:33 PM by eye2i2hear.)
connecting yet another set of points of light
(02-08-2017 09:00 PM)Freerangecanuck Wrote:  I would like to add one; The familiar. I stepped outside tonight and looked up into the night sky. I immediately saw and recognized Orion. I always see Orion.

excerpt/teaser:
Quote:We may finally know how Rorschach tests trick us into seeing things that aren’t there

As for the man in the moon—why do Americans tend to see a man while people in China see a bunny?

The scattering of craters [on the moon] are fractals that evoke similar responses to the [nigh infamous Rorschach inkblots that are made up of fractals].

We [each] see what our eyes think is closest to that pattern filtered through the lens of experience and culture. One could consider the moon to be the original Rorschach [inkblot] test.
(the article goes into what's possibly up with the fractals and our vision aka seeing things--literally & figureatively)

--Non[Image: Smiley_Tiny_Chinaman.gif]2i

02-15-2017, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2017 04:31 PM by Habenae Est Dominatus.)
Fixed Broken Link
We may finally know how Rorschach tests trick us into seeing things that aren’t there

A guy is visiting his shrink and the shrink gives him a Rorschach test. On the first card the patient says he sees a naked girl. Vagina, butt, boobs, scrotum, a man and woman doing the dirty, two girls in lesbian action. And so on. For every card the patient sees something relating to sex.

The shrink starts writing in his record book and states to the patient, "You seem to be preoccupied with sex." To which the patient replies, "But doctor, you're the one showing me the dirty pictures."

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.