A Statist Called Galt.
Current time: 08-20-2017, 12:52 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Habenae Est Dominatus
Last Post: Habenae Est Dominatus
Replies: 7
Views: 761

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
A Statist Called Galt.
03-10-2017, 11:54 AM
A Statist Called Galt.
The quotes in this post have been edited for clarity.
The quotes in this post have been re-ordered to assist in providing this clarity.

To see the original quote in its entirety, copy the date/time in this format: February 16th, 2017 at 9:33 pm, click this link, and then search the linked page for the date/time.

I have posted this blurb numerous times:
H.E.D. Wrote:Still waiting for Mr. Galt to admit the obvious:
Nobody can delegate an authority that they don’t have because they don’t have it.

Mr. Galt will not directly admit this fact.
I understand why Mr. Galt refuses to admit this.
As will be shown, such an admission guts his claim as to where those men and woman calling themselves government get the authority they are alleged to have.
And as will be shown, Galt has admitted this and then contradicted himself.

H.E.D. Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Can anybody delegate an authority they don’t have?

Galt Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Philosophically and legally – NO. My opinion.

H.E.D. Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:10 pm

So, the next question is: Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?

Innate:
Existing from the time a human is born.
Existing as part of the basic nature of the human.

Galt Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:19 pm

a philosophical question. Answer – philosophically NO. Some cultures believe differently.

H.E.D. Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Galt Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:37 pm

Ah, a philosophical political question. Human history has shown us it’s a result of the philosophy of Majoritarianism.

I wanted to be sure I understood Mr. Galt's answer... So I asked for a clarifying answer.

H.E.D. Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:42 pm

Would I be correctly interpreting your answer as saying the alleged authority of those called government is/was delegated to them by the majority?

Galt Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:52 pm

That is the essence of the philosophy. You have a keen grasp of the obvious. LOL

This lawyer just had to attempt to ridicule me for making sure I understood his position. Nevertheless, moving on.

I was checking to see that I understood his claim that Majority Rule allows people to delegate authority that they don't have.

The reader is asked to note Galt's affirmative answer that the alleged authority of those called government is/was delegated to them by the majority is the essence of the philosophy.

The reader is asked to note Galt's contradiction:
H.E.D. asked; "Can anybody delegate an authority they don’t have?"
Galt answered; "Philosophically and legally – NO. My opinion."

Since Galt asserts the majority can delegate authority, then the majority must hold authority they are alleged to have delegated, because philosophically and legally they can't delegate authority they don't have.

Thus, to be logically sound, there must be proof of the majority actually having authority so that they could philosophically and legally delegate it.

Continuing in that same post, Galt Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:52 pm

Majoritarianism is a traditional political philosophy or agenda that asserts that a majority [...] of the population is entitled to a certain degree of primacy in society, and has the right to make decisions that affect the society.

H.E.D. Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 11:12 pm

Didn’t you just agree nobody can delegate authority they don’t have and nobody is born with authority over anybody else?

Philosophically and legally no less.

Galt Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 11:52 pm

To the first my answered turned on the word “authority” in your question. I didn’t say that the authority couldn’t be obtained. To the second I answered philosophically based on my cultural experiences. I added that some cultures have believed differently throughout human history.

Galt agreed that Philosophically and legally nobody could delegate an authority they did not have. Then Galt states, "I didn’t say that the authority couldn’t be obtained."

That's exactly what my inquiry was intended to discover, exactly how was this authority to be obtained, and from who?

Who had the authority to entitle a portion of the population to have authority over other portions of the population?

I gave a philosophical answer – those who believed in and adopted the concept the political philosophy of Majoritarianism as the foundation of their society.

Remember dear reader, Galt agreed that Philosophically and legally nobody could delegate an authority they did not have.

At this time I wanted to make sure there were no misunderstandings or ambiguities regarding authority.

H.E.D. Wrote:February 17th, 2017 at 8:00 am

I failed to take Voltaire to heart and define my terms. So I define authority as the highest (legitimate) claim on a person, their actions, and their property. For the purpose of this post, and keeping in line with our discussion, I am narrowing my definition to the right to command, control, and order another about as if one owns the other.

And let the equivocation begin.

Quote:Equivocation: n. a statement that is not literally false but that cleverly avoids an unpleasant truth.

Something must be held before it can be delegated.

Galt Wrote:February 17th, 2017 at 9:19 am

For the purposes of our discussion I have been using the definition of authority as POWER (not right) to command, control and order another about as if one owns the other.

H.E.D. Wrote:February 17th, 2017 at 10:53 am

Power is the application of force. A lever is a method of applying force. A loaded gun is a method of applying force. Threatening to use force is the same as actually using force. Do what I tell you to do or I will hurt you. Or do what I tell you to do because you saw that I hurt that other guy who didn’t.

To apply such force legitimately, one needs authority.
Authority and power are NOT the same.

Because of Galt's attempt at equivocation I have translated the previous dialog by replacing his equivocation for the word authority.

H.E.D. Wrote:Still waiting for Mr. Galt to admit the obvious:
Nobody can delegate an POWER to command, control and order another about that they don’t have because they don’t have it.

Mr. Galt will not directly admit this fact.
I understand why Mr. Galt refuses to admit this.
As will be shown, such an admission guts his claim as to where those men and woman calling themselves government get the POWER to command, control and order another about they are alleged to have.
And as will be shown, Galt has admitted this and then contradicted himself.

H.E.D. Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Can anybody delegate an POWER to command, control and order another about they don’t have?

Galt Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Philosophically and legally – NO. My opinion.

H.E.D. Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:10 pm

So, the next question is: Was anybody born with innate POWER to command, control and order another about over anybody else?

Innate:
Existing from the time a human is born.
Existing as part of the basic nature of the human.

Galt Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:19 pm

a philosophical question. Answer – philosophically NO. Some cultures believe differently.

H.E.D. Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Then how did POWER to command, control and order another about nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Galt Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:37 pm

Ah, a philosophical political question. Human history has shown us it’s a result of the philosophy of Majoritarianism.

I wanted to be sure I understood Mr. Galt's answer... So I asked for a clarifying answer.

H.E.D. Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:42 pm

Would I be correctly interpreting your answer as saying the alleged POWER to command, control and order another about of those called government is/was delegated to them by the majority?

Galt Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:52 pm

That is the essence of the philosophy. You have a keen grasp of the obvious. LOL

This lawyer just had to attempt to ridicule me for making sure I understood his position. Nevertheless, moving on.

I was checking to see that I understood his claim that Majority Rule allows people to delegate POWER to command, control and order another about that they don't have.

The reader is asked to note Galt's affirmative answer that the alleged POWER to command, control and order another about of those called government is/was delegated to them by the majority is the essence of the philosophy.

The reader is asked to note Galt's contradiction:
H.E.D. asked; "Can anybody delegate an POWER to command, control and order another about they don’t have?"
Galt answered; "Philosophically and legally – NO. My opinion."

Since Galt asserts the majority can delegate POWER to command, control and order another about, then the majority must hold POWER to command, control and order another about they are alleged to have delegated, because philosophically and legally they can't delegate POWER to command, control and order another about they don't have.

Thus, to be logically sound, there must be proof of the majority actually having POWER to command, control and order another about so that they could philosophically and legally delegate it.

Continuing in that same post, Galt Wrote:February 16th, 2017 at 10:52 pm

Majoritarianism is a traditional political philosophy or agenda that asserts that a majority [...] of the population is entitled to a certain degree of primacy in society, and has the right to make decisions that affect the society.

Didn’t you just agree nobody can delegate POWER to command, control and order another about they don’t have and nobody is born with POWER to command, control and order another about over anybody else?

Philosophically and legally no less.

To the first my answered turned on the word “authority” in your question. I didn’t say that the POWER to command, control and order another about couldn’t be obtained. To the second I answered philosophically based on my cultural experiences. I added that some cultures have believed differently throughout human history.

Galt agreed Philosophically and legally nobody could delegate an POWER to command, control and order another about that they did not have. Then Galt states, "I didn’t say that the POWER to command, control and order another about couldn’t be obtained."

That's exactly what my inquiry was intended to discover, exactly how was this POWER to command, control and order another about to be obtained, and from who?

Who had the POWER to command, control and order another about to entitle a portion of the population to have POWER to command, control and order another about over other portions of the population?

I gave a philosophical answer – those who believed in and adopted the concept the political philosophy of Majoritarianism as the foundation of their society.

Remember dear reader, Galt agreed that Philosophically and legally nobody could delegate an POWER to command, control and order another about they did not have.

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 12:11 PM
RE: A Statist Called Galt.
Two Thumbs Up

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
03-22-2017, 11:56 AM
If I don't have ________, can I give _______ away, sell ________, or make someone take ________ from me?

What the ________?

When all you have is a hammer,
All problems look like a nail
Find all posts by this user
05-22-2017, 07:30 AM
(03-10-2017 11:54 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  Remember dear reader, Galt agreed that Philosophically and legally nobody could delegate an POWER to command, control and order another about they did not have.

Poor ol' Habby. He dedicates so much of his time to me and my opinions. He must really value my opinions because everyone has them. When answering Habby I simply shared my opinion. I made NO assertions, claims or demands that Habby accept my opinion or that it was THE correct or virtuous opinion. I made NO claims or assertions that Majoritarianism is a moral, ethical or virtuous political philosophy. I merely EXPLAINED to Habby that it is a philosophy that is in practice in the country where he lives. And then I gave him a "dictionary" definition of Majoritarianism that Habby's grasp of the obvious picked up on.

Habby finds it necessary, for some reason, to attack someone's opinion demanding them to validate it to Habby's satisfaction. It's called virtue-signalling and I say fuck that - it's just weird, creepy and self-serving.

Have a nice day challenging people's opinions, Habby.Smile
05-22-2017, 09:46 AM
(03-10-2017 11:54 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  .

(05-22-2017 07:30 AM)Juan Galt Wrote:  .

Juan Galt
Registration Date: 04-22-2017

05-22-2017, 10:27 AM
(05-22-2017 09:46 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  Juan Galt
Registration Date: 04-22-2017

Habby
Registration Date: 2-12- 2012 over 5 years

You'd think by now he would have some new and original ideas to post. What has Habby accomplished in those 5 years that would make his no-state beliefs a reality? But alas, Habby is like an ex-wife baiting you with questions, then attacking and misinterpreting your answers, motives, integrity and calling you evil. smh

C'mon Habby, anyone who can read can see you just want to argue (debate?) about how virtuous you are in your beliefs and how statements of reality, by others, demonstrate how "evil" they are. I suggest you pay more to Ms. Habby and work on setting up your own no-state environment for your loved ones like I have for mine. Eventually you will wish you had spent your time doing it.

Have a wonderful day.Smile
05-22-2017, 11:20 AM
(03-10-2017 11:54 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  [...snip of stellar post...]

Two Thumbs Up Grinning
Very nice work Habby.

Conclusion #1:
[Image: HowWhyTheStateWorks.jpg]

Conclusion #2: Galt's obfuscation failed to hide the gun in the room.

--&e

What’s the difference between the government and the mafia?
The mafia doesn’t have a twelve year indoctrination system to convince you it’s not organized crime. ~ Brett Veinotte
Government public "education"/indoctrination is child abuse.
05-22-2017, 12:06 PM
(05-22-2017 10:27 AM)In Another Galt Assault, DISHONEST Galt Wrote:  You'd think by now he would have some new and original ideas to post. What has Habby accomplished in those 5 years that would make his no-state beliefs a reality? But alas, Habby is like an ex-wife baiting you with questions, then attacking and misinterpreting your answers, motives, integrity and calling you evil. smh

C'mon Habby, anyone who can read can see you just want to argue (debate?) about how virtuous you are in your beliefs and how statements of reality, by others, demonstrate how "evil" they are. I suggest you pay more to Ms. Habby and work on setting up your own no-state environment for your loved ones like I have for mine. Eventually you will wish you had spent your time doing it.

Anyone who can read the original post can see that Galt refuses to address the challenge regarding his logical error.