Paul Rosenberg on "Spontaneous Generation"
Current time: 10-23-2017, 10:52 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: eye2i2hear
Last Post: Habenae Est Dominatus
Replies: 16
Views: 963

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paul Rosenberg on "Spontaneous Generation"
06-20-2017, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2017 04:58 PM by eye2i2hear.)
RE: Paul Rosenberg on "Spontaneous Generation"
While i didn't catch the NOVA episode, if memory serves, others have been finding alternatives to the "spontaneous generation"/"swamp soup" hypothesis along that same "thermal" lines.

i can totally relate to the wide-eyed stare of thinking about the likes of DNA coming to being, but can't see how, for lack of better descriptive, "intelligent design" takes any less of a wide-eyed stare --circa the infinite regression inherent. Something i2 felt Rosenberg was all but "saying".? It left my "ick" meter pegged between "suggestive" and "manipulative". Those fine lines between forming hypothesis and merely running with the train out of the imagination station, aye?

i tend to see that as, if "God/ID" (no explainable origin necessary) can be, then so can what "is" (unexplainable thus-far origin) --for the same reason(ing). The latter requires no more "miraculous happens ✘ here" than the former. And at least with sticking with what is, rather than leaping to what seems (with all the anthropomorphopathy to bicameralmentalism in another soup pot/swamp) you've got something to actually work an/or restrain such with e.g. mathematics+algorithms+selection+energy+chemistry, etc.

Oh, and while it's way above my paygrade, i think he's off the mark with the entropy angle/attack per "Science!" as applicable to bio-genesis scaling. Does cellular division via human conception imply entropy fail!? Not apparently ... until what, on avg 20 or is it 80 years later, entropy applies/prevails (eventually)? Plug bios into the cosmic 'life' dividing scale proportionately ...and "We"ve just not been around long enough to get to the entropy law's applicability (--thankfully!)? *caveat repeat: w-a-y above my paygrade

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2017, 04:52 PM
RE: Paul Rosenberg on "Spontaneous Generation"
(06-20-2017 04:23 PM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  While i didn't catch the NOVA episode,

Link's there. You can watch online if interested.

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply