" Cialdini’s Six Principles of Influence "
Current time: 07-25-2017, 09:42 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: eye2i2hear
Last Post: Freerangecanuck
Replies: 1
Views: 174

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
" Cialdini’s Six Principles of Influence "
07-06-2017, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 02:12 PM by eye2i2hear.)
Lightbulb " Cialdini’s Six Principles of Influence "
Surrender
[Image: MarcStevens.net%20583x100.png]
(according to the internet) Gabriel Weinberg, CEO & Founder, DuckDuckGo, Wrote:Cialdini’s Six Principles of Influence — 
  • Reciprocity (“People tend to return a favor”),
  • Commitment (“If people commit…they are more likely to honor that commitment”),
  • Social Proof (“People will do things they see other people are doing”),
  • Liking (“People are easily persuaded by other people they like”),
  • Authority (“People will tend to [respect] authority”), and
  • Scarcity (“Perceived scarcity will generate demand”)

* in context of this forum (and having little clue of Cialdini/Weinberg's intended meaning), "authority" = "demonstrated expertise" (on subject matter, typically demonstrated as authors aka writers).? [tho admittedly, as sadly enough, the author's expressing it originally as "People will tend to obey authority figures" is too accurate, circa superstitious circa generational indoctrinated belief in "Authority" e.g. "Government" figures.? see Milgram/Stanford Prison Experiments]

How pertinent might awareness of, and subsequent diligent practices grounded upon (one or more at least of) these be to bringing about a voluntary society?

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2017, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 07:45 PM by Freerangecanuck.)
RE: " Cialdini’s Six Principles of Influence "
It is not an authority figure. It is a social figure. Look at the idiots that fawn after Trudeau. This guy may be the most dificient head of state in my known memory.

Yet he is socially a genius.

I have fundamental problems with this. My life is being directed by a high school popularity contest. Holy Shit. (Sorry not autistic Latin nor authentic latin).

Purveyor of the 60 MPH post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply