Maslow's Archy of Needs ?
Current time: 07-25-2017, 09:42 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: eye2i2hear
Last Post: eye2i2hear
Replies: 0
Views: 109

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maslow's Archy of Needs ?
07-10-2017, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 08:01 AM by eye2i2hear.)
Lightbulb Maslow's Archy of Needs ?
Godless In Dixie on Patheos.com Wrote:"My need to understand became stronger than my need to belong.

And that’s the sticky part. See, wherever we are on the belief spectrum, we each have both of those needs, and from time to time they compete with one another. Some of us have stronger needs to understand the world around us, while others find their own need to belong to a group far stronger. Whichever need outpaces the other will likely determine where you end up in this dilemma."

GID was of due course discussing the specific religion of godism/theism¹, but since religion is religion², then how relevant is this to the religion of stateism/governmentalism --this dilemma?

If as a hypothesis it is valued as being in need of testing, how might one seeking to bring about a voluntary society understanding influence one with a stronger need to belong (to the StateUs Quo as the group)?

#Maslow's.Hierarchy.Of.Needs.? #The.Problem.With.Belief.? #Government.Is.A.Religion.?
[Image: the%20thinker.jpg]

2. where the crux of religion --if/when one doesn't listen to some's authors claiming-otherwise-as-Authoritative [sic] i.e. instead sticks to the facts, as evidence, available-- is belief in "Authority" aka believing some select Authors of choice (even in the rarer instances of one's self being said author) as true/real with no evidence in support required/needed, no? (see also hearsay?)
[an author of the historical aka etymological variety offers: religion; ultimately tho, aren't you, like i, and anyone else, authorities when it comes to such? (if not, how not?)] Poke

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply