ghosts in The Machine, thin blue line edition [article]
Current time: 09-20-2017, 12:52 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: eye2i2hear
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 2
Views: 271

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-13-2017, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 11:05 AM by eye2i2hear.)
ghosts in The Machine...

Quote:Since 2006, the largest police departments in the country have fired at least 1,881 cops for behaviors that range from ethically questionable to morally unjustifiable. ... [A] Washington Post investigation finds that in at least 450 cases, officers were rehired and welcomed back onto the force.

The Post requested hiring and firing numbers from the nation’s 55 largest police departments, 37 of which responded. In case after case, investigators found that officer dismissals were overturned during the appeals process, often despite the fact that their wrongdoing remained uncontested.
Arbitrators have final say in the cases they review, and are empowered to overrule law enforcement chiefs and other officials even if an officer’s guilt is well established. Reinstatement can be granted for any number of reasons, including procedural errors and other technicalities. In some cases, even officers who faced serious criminal charges were allowed to return to the job because arbitrators decided firing was “too harsh” a punishment, or because departments had “missed deadlines” in their investigations.

Of the 451 officers who were rehired, Post researchers found that 33 faced criminal charges, and of that group, 17 had been convicted.

In eight cases, bad cops essentially moved through a revolving door, and “were fired and rehired by their departments more than once.”
Disturbing Trend: Bad Cops Getting Rehired Back into Law Enforcement 11.08.17, Kali Holloway, AlterNet

"including procedural errors and other technicalities" ?
Secret sounds like what another facet *cough*branch of con artists* does via their Dismissals.?

And the coup detente:

Quote:It seems absurd to have to revisit this issue again—but when cops behave in ways that are unethical or criminal, they should no longer be allowed to police our communities and neighborhoods.
ibid

By that measure, indeed, they're all disallowed! Absurd, for sure.

(the author didn't get into it, but another aspect of this is cops moving from one municipality to another, even multiple times; what do you reckon those numbers would be?! e.g. a local investigative journalist just in the past week here, wrote about a multiple-prior-warned, now terminated City cop having had the same happen in 2 known prior departments in other locales; one of those priors having included in his record, his being unfit for such work/employment)

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2017, 11:46 AM
RE: ghosts in The Machine, thin blue line edition [article]
[Image: 1u16m1.jpg]

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2017, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 01:19 PM by NonEntity.)
RE: ghosts in The Machine, thin blue line edition [article]
eYeToo quoted someone who stupidly Wrote:...but when cops behave in ways that are unethical or criminal, they should...

Wait.
Wait.
WAIT!!!

Cops are by definition unethical criminals. Do we need to start back at kindergarten here?

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user