video explains jurisdiction, suggests massive resistance to corporate over reach
Current time: 09-20-2017, 12:55 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Alviins
Last Post: Habenae Est Dominatus
Replies: 6
Views: 171

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
video explains jurisdiction, suggests massive resistance to corporate over reach
09-11-2017, 12:50 AM
The video below will be available for a limited time. The 52 minute piece explains jurisdiction and suggests methods to combat contractual corporate over reach. The video specific target is electrical utility smart meters, but can be applied to many intrusive behaviors by corporations. I hope you see it soon as I'm sure the link will be rescinded.
Please post your thoughts about the movie.

[/code]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2017, 02:51 AM
RE: video explains jurisdiction, suggests massive resistance to corporate over reach
I'm glad you've posted this link. I agree this is worth the time. It seems to me that this is very close to what Marc has been getting at for quite some time now, going after them at the insurance and personal liability level. I'm hoping Marc will take the time to look at this and share his thoughts. These ideas are worth pursuit, in my opinion.

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
09-11-2017, 11:16 AM
RE: video explains jurisdiction, suggests massive resistance to corporate over reach
(09-11-2017 12:50 AM)Alviins Wrote:  The video below will be available for a limited time. The 52 minute piece explains jurisdiction and suggests methods to combat contractual corporate over reach. The video specific target is electrical utility smart meters, but can be applied to many intrusive behaviors by corporations. I hope you see it soon as I'm sure the link will be rescinded.
Please post your thoughts about the movie.

Good video.
The associated website:
https://takebackyourpower.net/

I'll be reading there in the future.

(08-14-2016 11:46 AM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  Thinking Hard * for any other who might be in the dark on the key term here...
A smart meter is an electronic device that records consumption of electric energy in intervals of an hour or less and communicates that information at least daily back to the utility for monitoring and billing. Smart meters enable two-way communication between the meter and the central system. Some do this wireless. Smart meters look similar to conventional power meters but the display is digital and there are no dials. The term Smart Meter often refers to an electricity meter, but it also may mean a device measuring natural gas or water consumption.
Some groups have expressed concerns regarding the cost, health (pulsed radiofrequency (RF) radiation emitted by wireless smart meters), fire risk, security and privacy effects of smart meters and the remote controllable "kill switch" that is included with most of them. Many of these concerns regard wireless-only smart meters with no home energy monitoring or control or safety features.
--WikiP/Geevil (pronounced "Google")

1. Hardware.

That is, the meter itself.
It's purpose is to measure the power consumed / used.
Power is measured in Watts.
Power used over time is measured in Watt Hours.
The units typically used is the Kilo-Watt Hours. 1,000 WH = 1 KWH.
Average household usage is 901 kWh per month. Source.

Instantaneous power (Watts) consumed is derived in the hardware by means of the formula Watts = Volts x Amperes.
W = V x I
(I = Amps because of the formula for electrons flowing through a wire.)

10 amps x 120 volts = 1,200 watts or 1.2 KW.
If drawn or consumed for 2 hours (2 hours x 1.2 KW), 2.4 KWH is drawn.
If the rate is $.15 per KWH, then the cost of 2.4 KWH is $.36.
YMMV.

Electro-mechanical meters are motors designed to run according to voltage and current.

Wikipedia Wrote:The disc is acted upon by two sets of coils, which form, in effect, a two phase induction motor. One coil is connected in such a way that it produces a magnetic flux in proportion to the voltage and the other produces a magnetic flux in proportion to the current. The field of the voltage coil is delayed by 90 degrees, due to the coil's inductive nature, and calibrated using a lag coil.[16] This produces eddy currents in the disc and the effect is such that a force is exerted on the disc in proportion to the product of the instantaneous current, voltage and phase angle (power factor) between them. A permanent magnet acts as an eddy current brake, exerting an opposing force proportional to the speed of rotation of the disc. The equilibrium between these two opposing forces results in the disc rotating at a speed proportional to the power or rate of energy usage. The disc drives a register mechanism which counts revolutions, much like the odometer in a car, in order to render a measurement of the total energy used.

Images of a dissected electro-mechanical meter via Popular Science.

One of the talking points of smart meters is TOU (Time Of Use) billing.
Consider the electric power supplier: You want to keep the load on your power plant(s) level,
TOU rate are a way to incentivize the consumer to shift electric consumption time.
Multi tier rates are a way to incentivize the consumer to limit consumption at any given time.

Here's an overview of electric arc furnace power control needs.

Even more info on furnace power demand control. (That I only scanned through.)

Here is a power demand controller being marketed in Californication.

I don't have a problem with TOU metering in and of itself. It's the added "benefits" I have a problem with.

2. Ohm's Law & Power Formulas.

Analogs between electricity and water.

Amps (Amperes) is the amount of electrons passing through a wire in a given time.
Much like gallons is the amount of water passing through a hose in a given time.

Voltage is the amount of push on those electrons to shove them through a wire.
Pressure is the amount of push on the water to shove it through a hose.

Resistance (Ohms) is, as it is named, the drag on the electrons being shoved through a wire.
Likewise the resistance of a hose will restrict the amount of water flowing through it.

Whenever an electric current meets a resistance, it will heat up that resistance.
(This is the one thing any and all electric devices are good at - making heat. The percentage of the power actually consumed and heat produced determines the efficiency of the appliance.)

Thus 20 amps at 120 volts encountering a 10 ohm resistance will convert the electric energy into 2.4 Kilowatts of heat. This conversion of energy will happen at the resistance.
(Think electric heaters, ranges, and gas-less dryers.)

The power equation W = V x I can be transformed (using high school level Algebra).
W = I² x R.
W = V² ÷ I or W = V² / I for computers not supporting Ascii code 246.

3. Flawed Hardware Bridge from Supply to Load.

With the above formulas in mind, let us assume you are pulling full power from the line. In my case, the main breaker is 100 amps, double pole with 220 volts split phase. At full draw, my home would be consuming 100 x 220, or 22,000 Watts (22 KW.)

A badly designed part or a dirty spade connector with an assumed 1 Ohm resistance would develop W = (100)² x 1 = 10,000 Watts of heat in that part or connection.

I refer the reader to this image from the Popular Science website showing the four spades used for connecting the meter to the meter housing bridging from the supply to the load.

For comparison and perspective:
Dry human skin as approximately 220,000 Ohms.
A 60 Watt incandescent bulb is about 240 Ohms. (When hot, much less when cold.)

Products are designed by people.
Products are built by people.
Products are sold by people.
Products are installed by people.
Meters that start fires are designed, built, sold, and installed by people.

Houses burning because of smart meters are a PEOPLE problem.

Though the video raises some good points about liability, My opinion is that in addition to the corporate big wigs, the designers of the product should be included in the liability claims.

I am curious about the physical conductor layout inside these smart meters. As an electronic technician, it is easily observed in the liberated coils picture that there is a lot of beef to handle high currents (amps).

4. Jurisdiction? or UCC?

[Image: jurisdiction.png]

Authority?

However, if it works...

5. Data Collection.

In the case of these meters, It can be considered spying.
Where specifically is the acquired data going?
If it's going to advertisers, I'll just have more phone calls to my phone that I ignore.

Tangent
I don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize.
You shouldn't either.
Who Called Me?
800 Notes.
/Tangent

Buy one of these to spy on your neighbor's electrical use.

The issue of smart meters was brought up before and I made these comments then.

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2017, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 02:43 PM by NonEntity.)
eYeToo Habbity Wrote:1. Hardware.

It's purpose is to measure the power consumed / used. enslave and rape the entire customer base.

FIFY. Angel

09-11-2017, 12:27 PM
(09-11-2017 11:47 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  
eYeToo Wrote:1. Hardware.

It's purpose is to measure the power consumed / used. enslave and rape the entire customer base.

FIFY. Angel

eYeToo Wrote: [Image: qex.gif]

(09-11-2017 11:47 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  enslave and rape the entire customer base.

I knew I forgot another point.

Contract this!
Pay 50 cents per Kilowatt hour or find another electricity source | provider.

Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

09-11-2017, 02:46 PM
(09-11-2017 12:27 PM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  eYeToo Wrote: [Image: qex.gif]

Oooooooops.

Damned spell edit chick!

09-11-2017, 04:56 PM
(09-11-2017 11:47 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  
eYeToo Habbity Wrote:1. Hardware.

FIFY. Angel

The point you butchered was about meters and metering in general.

It's purpose is to enslave and rape the entire customer base. [Image: qex.gif]

You will be producing the evidence to support that claim, eh, JuanEntity?

[Image: ez-read.jpg&maxx=400&maxy=0]
Hot linked from ElectraHealth.com

And you ignored this point:

(09-11-2017 12:27 PM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  Contract this!
Pay 50 cents per Kilowatt hour or find another electricity source | provider.

Voluntary society: You are free to source your electricity elsewhere.

If that was an attempt at humor, you failed.