Understanding "subpoena's"..?
Current time: 01-17-2018, 07:13 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Undrstm8ed
Last Post: Freerangecanuck
Replies: 40
Views: 2370

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Understanding "subpoena's"..?
09-19-2017, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2017 11:20 AM by Ripsaw.)
RE: Understanding "subpoena's"..?
(09-16-2017 07:44 AM)Really? Wrote:  I work as a cook at a residential school for kids between the ages of 8-21 that can't, don't, won't make it in a regular "indoctrination center". Several of the teenage boys are there from court orders for committing "crimes" including theft. My observation is that this is a good alternative to juvenile detention centers ONLY IF the teen decides to make it work. A few I have observed put the time in only to go back to old habits. Others continue to make better life choices. Actions (good or bad) have consequences. If there are no consequences, how is this teen going to learn that his actions are not acceptable?

....and I get that, I'm just saying that if he is allowed this one break in life, and he does do something like this or worse, then he "will" learn about the action and consequence dynamic.

They could go to the extent of actually telling him this.....We are going to cut you a break this time, but if you come in here again for a screw up like this, you are done !.....It's jail for you Mr.

In my experience, that is sufficient with most kids....to scare the hell out of them.....without inflicting cruel and unusual punishment, like jail for a first offense.....To me, everyone is offensive!
Especially folks like Non E......ha ha ha...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2017, 11:28 AM
(09-19-2017 11:17 AM)Ripsaw Wrote:  To me, everyone is offensive!

LOL

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2017, 01:42 PM
(09-19-2017 11:28 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  

LOL

Thanks for the vote of support, Rippy! Wink

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
09-20-2017, 03:31 AM
(09-19-2017 01:42 PM)NonEntity Wrote:  
(09-19-2017 11:28 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  

LOL

Thanks for the vote of support, Rippy! Wink

No problem buddy !LOL......2 Eye 2, uh...Eye 2 Eye made me do it.
His profound logic forced me into a position where I could do nothing else. He should have some T-Shirts printed that read....
Truth In Logic........or........Logic In Truth Surrender
09-20-2017, 06:17 AM

Sailin' Capn'

Tooth
in
Rogic

09-26-2017, 03:55 PM
UPDATE: As I intended, maybe through denial of other's wisdom's or out of to be damned curiosity. I challenged myself in appearing anyway.

Yesterday after 5pm PST I was instructed to call the night before to see if the case was moving forward, dismissed, etc.. There was no cases to be seen today. I guess good/bad for me.. worse on the young man whom I hear pleaded out guilty after all on his own.

I hope something more positive comes from it more so than all the negativity surrounding himself and the situation. To some I may seem a bad father, or at least to some, but I believe in discipline of my own 3 boys. Without going into all the semantics of it all, they know they had accountability and responsibility given to them as they grew older and with that they grew a dare I say "better" conscious to do what would be termed good over bad things. I know some people don't/won't agree and that's ok.

My job was to instruct and give them tools to work with, not run there lives from end to end.

Anyway, thought I'd share the update, until the next adventure.. I'll be reading more here

"The slave is held most securely when he is held by the chains of his own will and of his own fears, and when he is locked down by his own slavish desires for a comfortable life." - Michael Bunker

"I don't have an authority problem.
Authority has a ME problem."
09-26-2017, 05:39 PM
Quote:Yesterday after 5pm PST I was instructed to call the night before to see if...
So on Monday evening they told you to call on the previous Sunday night? Rake Bump

09-27-2017, 12:37 PM
Negative.. Court was scheduled for Tuesday at 1pm, paperwork said to call after 5pm the day before court to make sure your case was being heard.

I had talked to to one of the court people, dont think she said she was a court clerk. And after 12 mins on hold she came back to tell me they held court for the young man on the 22nd and he plead guilty to the charges. I am assuming that was his pretrial date/and now arraignment day all in one?

Clark County Nevada seems to work far different from many other courts I've dealt with. Seems even for a traffic violation you dont get to schedule a date to see anyone, you're "required" to come in on or before the date on your citation and handle it right then and there. So if you plan on fighting it, you need to have your paperwork and what not ready to go right now.

Which makes me wonder at what point do you receive due process? No trial, its obviously going to cost you more than $20 for anything. No way to face your accuser or cross examine them or there witnesses... truly a kangaroos court in that respect.

"The slave is held most securely when he is held by the chains of his own will and of his own fears, and when he is locked down by his own slavish desires for a comfortable life." - Michael Bunker

09-27-2017, 03:02 PM
The above seems normal to me. Since he decided to plead guilty there is no need for a trial. They may have held a sentencing hearing immediately to save time, or scheduled another date for that.

Mind you, the 'required' to come in before a first appearance seems abnormal if that is what is actually happening. Though I think you were scheduled to appear for a trial date after his first appearance date.

Purveyor of the 60 MPH post.
10-22-2017, 04:42 PM
(09-27-2017 03:02 PM)Freerangecanuck Wrote:  The above seems normal to me. Since he decided to plead guilty there is no need for a trial. They may have held a sentencing hearing immediately to save time, or scheduled another date for that.

Mind you, the 'required' to come in before a first appearance seems abnormal if that is what is actually happening. Though I think you were scheduled to appear for a trial date after his first appearance date.

You may be correct..

10-22-2017, 08:12 PM
Since no one responded to your point about being a father, I would like to say that more children need a father like you who is involved in their lives. You probably did not get any disagreement with that post because others think the same way.

This is about no rulers, not no rules.

Purveyor of the 60 MPH post.