staying logged in issue?
Current time: 01-17-2018, 07:17 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: eye2i2hear
Last Post: eye2i2hear
Replies: 2
Views: 193

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
staying logged in issue?
12-18-2017, 01:31 PM
staying logged in issue?
Anyone else having a problem with being logged out on the forum every minute or so (even with the keep me logged in option checked)?

Things they are a'changin' in the Firefox world, so wondering if it's just me/that¹, or something with the forum itself?

Thanx--

1. Mozilla is presently phasing into a new addons/extensions format, but morphing gradually; thus some addons are becoming Legacy while others are being done in the latest-greatest; moi being an addons junkie, i have a hodge-podge of both presently, so there's all that to factor...

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2017, 02:30 PM
RE: staying logged in issue?
(12-18-2017 01:31 PM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  Anyone else having a problem with being logged out on the forum every minute or so (even with the keep me logged in option checked)?

Things they are a'changin' in the Firefox world, so wondering if it's just me/that¹, or something with the forum itself?

Thanx--

1. Mozilla is presently phasing into a new addons/extensions format, but morphing gradually; thus some addons are becoming Legacy while others are being done in the latest-greatest; moi being an addons junkie, i have a hodge-podge of both presently, so there's all that to factor...

I made the mistake of updating to FireFox Quantum {57.0.2 (64-bit) as of now}, and lost the FTP add-on. And my website provider changed the login page. Thankfully that was an easy fix. So I could look at a list of my image files. Until then, AAAArgh.

But to answer your question, I haven't seen any problems. Keep in mind that Marc's forum, like other versions, uses cookies. Check that they are on.

Tools-> options-> privacy&security-> Scroll down.

Forms & Settings-> check remember logins & passwords

Scroll down.

History-> Firefox will-> check accept cookies from websites.

--------> third party cookies are tracking items imo.

Scroll down.

My Site data has nothing in it for Ms.n

Hope that helps.

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.
12-18-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: staying logged in issue?
Thanks for the report, HED. Fun, fun, fun troubleshooting such; thus nice to narrow it down as much as possible before delving into the local stuff. Chefing

i've not taken the 57=Quantum leap yet tho; but i'm suspicious of several addons that i've installed/updated that are of that order i.e. "works with 57+" (too? i've purposely stuck with 56.0.2 for now because several *key* addons either can't or won't likely be compatible/updated¹). One of such being Greasemonkey (which auto-updated on me; arrrrgh), where it's specifically stated to not be backward compatible (and i've been a bit of a script junkie as well²; these detox intervention attempts suck lol).

i suspected cookies as well, but the shortness of the time leans me away from that being it; not to mention, that for the last hour or so now, it's no longer logging out and i've changed nothin' on my end.
fwiw, while i was making several posts earlier, i would have to click another tab i'd opened to the site to use to re-log in, then come back to my created threads to then Preview/Post them. Otherwise, on most such attempts, i'd get the logged out page (and subsequent hoops to jump thru).

TL;DR gist: thanks again for the report... [Image: rainbow.gif]

2. i've for awhile had Violentmonkey installed as well, updating & installing newest scripts in both it and Greasemonkey since installing it (but only activating them in one or the other); the issue here being the same as it is with 57/Quantum, going through all the housecleaning of updating.

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]