Bitcoin
Current time: 11-21-2017, 12:52 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: inertia
Last Post: eye2i2hear
Replies: 147
Views: 89213

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bitcoin
12-22-2016, 06:13 AM
RE: Bitcoin
(10-18-2016 05:53 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  
Running for higher ground in Dallas.

Just think how this will pan out when the dividend checks to the Deep State are written on Zimbabwean dollars! LOL Yes Nod

The darkest hour is just before dawn.

!!! It now takes 0.0011668611 bitcoin to buy a "Federal Reserve Note." Gives new meaning to "good as a greenback," huh?

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2017, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2017 05:41 PM by NonEntity.)
$997.78

The dollar is within spitting distance of being worth one tenth of a bit penny. (Pretty soon the dollar will be vying with Enron stock for value.)

01-18-2017, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017 09:05 PM by Freerangecanuck.)
Bitcoin is a major pain the ass for the unbanked. The machine disappeared from the major centre I was close to. It now looks like I have to get a birth certificate to get a health card, to get a fucking bank account just to get bitcoin. What a load of shit!

Yes I have watched it skyrocket.

Purveyor of the 60 MPH post.
01-19-2017, 08:04 AM
(01-18-2017 08:16 PM)Freerangecanuck Wrote:  Bitcoin is a major pain the ass for the unbanked. The machine disappeared from the major centre I was close to. It now looks like I have to get a birth certificate to get a health card, to get a fucking bank account just to get bitcoin. What a load of shit!

Yes I have watched it skyrocket.

Purse.io

04-02-2017, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2017 11:58 PM by NonEntity.)
To those who feel bitcoin is important, you may want to read Eric Voorhees' latest thoughts. Please share them with anyone you think should be aware of them.

04-03-2017, 10:04 AM
(04-02-2017 11:57 PM)NonEntity Wrote:  To those who feel bitcoin is important, you may want to read Eric Voorhees' latest thoughts. Please share them with anyone you think should be aware of them.

I also read a article linked in the one you presented The True Cost of Bitcoin Transactions.

Quote: As blocks approach capacity:

1) Miner fees get more expensive

2) Time/effort to determine fees rises

3) The reliability of transactions falls toward zero (risk of hours-long delay for first confirmation, even with “good fees”)

I know you've been using Bitcoin. Any thoughts?

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2017, 10:40 AM
(04-03-2017 10:04 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  I know you've been using Bitcoin. Any thoughts?

I'm not all that knowledgeable about the inner workings, the nitty gritty, but I do believe it has the potential to change life as we know it and am therefore very concerned that it continues to progress.

04-03-2017, 02:07 PM
(04-03-2017 10:40 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 10:04 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  I know you've been using Bitcoin. Any thoughts?

I'm not all that knowledgeable about the inner workings, the nitty gritty, but I do believe it has the potential to change life as we know it and am therefore very concerned that it continues to progress.

I was wondering if you had any problems as described in the associated article.

Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

04-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Bitcoin in Venezuela (podcast)

The specific bitcoin content starts at about 6:45.

08-22-2017, 06:52 PM
[Image: Food+For+Thought.jpg]
freemansperspective Wrote:If You Love Bitcoin, Promote Good Altcoins

Aug 18th, 2017
Bitcoin spawns strong emotions in people, once they wrap their minds around it. And for good reason, of course: Bitcoin is the future, being born in our midst.

One of the ways this goes off the rails, however, is when people think about Bitcoin in the old way. In particular, they think of the crypto-economy as if it were a zero-sum game. They fear the altcoins (Litecoin, Ethereum and the rest) as competitors… that if the altcoins do well, they’ll steal Bitcoin’s thunder.

If you’re ever tempted to think that way, please reject it and leave it behind. That’s the past struggling against the future, right inside your head.

What we are building is not a monument to Bitcoin and Satoshi, but a new economy… a better, freer, less criminal economy.
And please understand, Bitcoin alone cannot do the job. Bitcoin isn’t magic; it’s a tool.

Consider this:

The value of all BTC in existence is $66 billion or so. That’s tiny compared to any major currency. Also consider that the Visa system handles tens of thousands of transactions per second. Bitcoin itself is never going to do that – it’s not that kind of system. Other cryptocurrencies will have to be built for that purpose… or, more likely, they’ll solve that problem in new ways.

What is required is to build a new crypto-economy around Bitcoin. That is where we should be headed, and it will be very good for Bitcoin, which will end up as the central settlement currency between all the new, more specialized cryptocurrencies.

And so, if we want Bitcoin to thrive… and, more importantly, if we want the crypto-economy to thrive… we should be promoting quality altcoins.

Yes, some of the altcoins are plainly scams. Some people will be burned by them. But the good ones are not only good, but necessary.

Check out the currencies you’ll help; make sure they are honest and properly managed. Find the best one or two you can and get involved if possible. (That’s how you’ll really know if they’re good or not.) After that, get busy putting them into the world.

Yes, make money on them if you can, but don’t ever let yourself get dragged into a money-primary mindset. That’s the old world re-asserting itself, with its scarcity-centric mentality. That’s what cryptocurrencies are leading us away from.
So…
Start thinking the new way and start ditching the old way. Scarcity is dying, and one currency need not dominate all others.

If you love Bitcoin, start building a righteous, futuristic economy around it.

#thereisnorighteous

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
08-22-2017, 08:04 PM
if you love something
set it free
if it doesn't come back
hunt it down and kill it

Or something like that. Smelling Flowers

08-23-2017, 08:59 AM
(08-22-2017 06:52 PM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  
freemansperspective Wrote:
What we are building is not a monument to Bitcoin and Satoshi, but a new economy… a better, freer, less criminal economy.

Less criminals called government.

Less malum prohibitum laws (politician's opinions).

Question

08-24-2017, 03:48 PM
fwiw/mmv/fyc/etc:

Josh Habdas, on hackcabin.com Wrote:
Aug, 2017
I’m no Pliny the Elder but I’m here to tell you there’s a gold rush occurring in the cryptocurrency mining space. Whether you’ve just overcome your Bitcoin investing fears or already hold tokens in some wild new Initial Coin Offering you too can mine cryptocurrency for fun and profit. Here’s how.

I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking mining competition is too fierce. Or you’re thinking you have to have specialized hardware to mine. But the fact of the matter is, if you have a computer — just about any computer will do – you too can join the modern gold rush and start mining bitcoin.

But don’t mine Bitcoin, mine altcoins instead.
Why not mine Bitcoin?
==========================
Altcoins, otherwise known as “alts”, are, as the name suggests, alternatives to Bitcoin. Just like Bitcoin alts are cryptocurrencies. Many of them even trade on the same exhanges and can be converted to or from other forms of cryptocurrency.

There are literally hundreds of alts and almost all of them provide a more lucrative opportunity to profit from a mining perspective. To get a feel for the kind of growth alts are seeing take a look at the following table:

Cryptocurrency Rate of Return (Jan 1, 2017 thru Aug 16, 2017)
NEO (NEO) 31620.81%
PIVX (PIVX) 25971.53%
BitBean (BITB) 8441.22%
Stratis (STRAT) 8441.22%
NEM (XEM) 6998.64%
Pepe Cash (PEPECASH) 6768.72%
Ethereum (ETH) 3683.83%
Siacoin (SC) 2977.27%
Golem (GNT) 2651.16%
Ripple (XRP) 2332.16%
Dash (DASH) 1968.06%
Ardor (ARDR) 1175.05%
Litecoin (LTC) 920.09%
Dogecoin (DOGE) 685.20%
Nav Coin (NAV) 607.84%
Monero (XMR) 251.63%

Thanks to CoinSheet for raising awareness of these data and its source.

By comparison, during the same period, Bitcoin was on the lower end of the returns spectrum with a 355.31% return rate, or about 10 times less that you’d have made if you were to mine Ethereum.

With these altcoin rates even a modest mining rig can be very profitable. And because alts are frequently in need of miners just about any computing resources you can throw at these cryptocurrencies could have a large payoff.

Why mine Bitcoin at all then when you could mine something like Neo, PIVX, Dash or Ethereum?
How to start mining Altcoin
===========================
By far the easiest way to start mining I’ve found is MinerGate, which I learned about on the CoinSheet #mining channel on Discord.

MinerGate is a simple GUI application which allows you to mine as a part of a pool of other miners. It utilizes spare hardware resources to mine for several cryptocurrencies using a smart mining feature to help maximize profits. Earnings from the mining operation can be direct deposited into a crypto wallet once a nominal amount has been earned. Best part is it can run in the background while you do other stuff.

MinerGate is not very complex. You just click a few buttons and you’re mining. It even gamifies the mining experience by giving you badges when you help the pool hit mining goals. So cool.

I’ve been mining Monero (XMR) exclusively for the last few weeks. I didn’t choose Monero for any specific reason at first — I just wanted to gain mining experience and contining learning. But after watching Monero jump about 50% in value since my dig started I’m feeling pretty happy about the choice.

Later I’m hoping to use commodity hardware to set up a dig for round-the-clock mining with the Raspberry Pi and some of the new, purpose-built hardware emerging as a result of the staggering popularity of crypto mining.

Some hardware I’ll be looking at as I put together my rig include Avalon6, AntMiner S7, AntMiner S9 and application-specific integrated circuits, or ASICs, made by a company like Canaan or Bitmain — at least until AMD and Nvidia finish their new mining chips and continue their epic climb in the stock market.

Happy mining! And if you need a secure place to vault your earnings be sure to check out Coinbase. Here’s $10 in free Bitcoin to get you started.

Published by Josh Habdas 24 Aug, 2017

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]